Director of Talent
Blue Orange Digital is a cloud-based data transformation and predictive analytics development firm with offices in NYC and Washington, DC. From startups to Fortune 500’s, we help companies make sense of their business challenges by applying modern data analytics techniques, visualizations, and AI/ML. Founded by engineers, we love passionate technologists and data analysts. Our startup DNA means everyone on the team makes a direct contribution to the growth of the company.
We are rapidly expanding and looking for a team member to help us grow our team and support and develop our existing team. We are looking for an experienced talent manager that is looking to join a rapidly growing organization and develop best practices to ensure on-target talent acquisition and employee engagement efforts.
This is a full time position based out of our Alexandria, VA office with part-time in-office expectations.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include:
- Develop and drive a comprehensive Talent Acquisition strategy that engages a diverse pipeline of stellar candidates for all positions
- Manage our team of 2 internal talent team members and 5 external recruiters
- Implement employee engagement efforts and support company culture efforts
- Build collaborative partnerships with leaders and hiring managers across the company to proactively understand hiring needs
- Be recognized as a trusted advisor in all areas of recruitment, from identification to onboarding
- Build, lead, and coach technical and non-technical recruiting efforts
- In partnership with the CEO, take ownership of full-cycle recruiting for executive roles
- Develop, implement and analyze recruitment metrics to track effectiveness and drive improvement of programs, sources, and technology as well as drive recruiter performance
- Track and analyze budget expenditure; seek efficiencies and measure cost-effectiveness of all Talent initiatives, recruitment channels, and tools
- Ensure a consistent focus on diversity and inclusion in all recruiting programs and processes and measure progress regularly
- Lead the team to deliver against hiring plan, putting in place operational systems to support the rapid growth of the company
- Manage the headcount requisition approval process in partnership with our CTO
- Train recruiters and internal technical interviewers on best practices for recruiting and interviewing candidates
- Lead employer branding and social media strategy efforts for job exposure
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to stay competitive
- Develop and maintain a high-functioning partnership with all teams across the organization
- Develop Talent metrics and dashboards to share with executives, hiring managers, and the broader organization
- 6+ years experience working in high-growth, fast-paced organizations, preferably in technology or professional services.
- Implementing, optimizing, and managing a best-in-class Talent practice at a scaling company
- Building a Diversity & Inclusion Program
- Proven ability to influence and build trusted advisory relationships at all levels of the company
- Hands-on experience identifying, engaging, and closing leadership talent
- Experience with utilizing a wide range of candidate sourcing tools (LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, etc)
- Action-Oriented. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues.
Our Benefits Include:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Match
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life
- “A Cloud Guru” account for continuing education and professional growth
$135,000 - $150,000