Quality Assurance Engineer
This is a full-time, fully remote role for Latin American candidates.
Applicants must have strong written and oral communication in English.
Must be within +/- 3 hours of Eastern Standard Timezone(NYC)
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital wanted to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We aim to work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients who understand that good applications come from happy engineers and team members. We’re headquartered in NYC and DC with additional remote engineers across the US.
We are looking for an awesome Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. As a QA Engineer at Blue Orange Digital, you will be working in a cross-functional team to help deliver high-quality releases to our client's products. You will be responsible for working closely with engineers on the front end and backend to validate both functionality and data quality & correctness. You should have a passion for learning and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate should have experience working with data-intensive applications and working with QAing data directly, through SQL and other tools.
- Define the QA Strategy and choose the appropriate tools to get the job
- Help make the development cycles efficient through automation of the testing suites and continuous improvement
- Design end to end testing strategies that span across multiple systems, writing test plans, test automation
- QA Data directly via SQL and Business Intelligence tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs and defects
- Perform regular regression & smoke tests
- Collaborate with engineers to debug and resolve issues
- Interact with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
Skills And Qualifications:
- 5+ years of software QA experience
- 2+ Years of experience with SQL
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Proven experience with functional testing, API testing, performance testing, and security testing
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development team
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Experience using Jira, Git, Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins & CircleCI
- Experience testing mobile iOS applications
- Experience with Telerik Test Studio
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience testing GraphQL is a plus
Our Benefits Include:
- Full-time fully Remote
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- A "Cloud Guru” account for continuing education and professional growth
- Paid parental/bereavement leave
- Worldwide recognized clients to build skills for an excellent resume
- Top-Notch team to learn and grow with